21 Apr Creative Lodging Solutions Seeks Talented Database Administrator and Software Developer
Looking for software jobs in Lexington, KY?
When Creative Lodging Solutions is hiring — one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for seven years (and counting!) — job seekers tend to pay attention. That’s because our culture here promotes employee success, career growth, and an engaging work environment. We’re hiring two key players for our Software Development team right now, and we’re very eager to find the right people for our fast-growing company.
Take a look at the details below: Apply for whichever looks like the best fit, or refer your job-seeking friends! We can’t wait to meet our applicants.
As a Database Administrator (DBA) at Creative Lodging Solutions, you will be responsible for administering, supporting and assisting in the implementation of new and existing SQL systems, data conversions and migrations, stored procedure review, deployment and monitoring of the systems. This includes maintaining legacy system databases and assisting in the migration to new systems. The candidate must have a strong understanding of SQL best practices. This role includes day-to-day administration, performance tuning, and maintenance supporting several core systems. In this role the candidate will work with the various IT and business departments to ensure timely delivery of new projects/systems and lead upgrades. The DBA will review maintenance plans, ensure 100% of databases are backed up, respond to failures, write and test disaster recovery plans.
The DBA will also partner with Software Development group to ensure that database architecture design and integrity is maintained with all software development projects. This individual will apply proven technical expertise, problem-solving skills and knowledge of best practices to guide Software Developers in all database schema changes and enhancements. This role will troubleshoot and resolve database integrity, performance, blocking/deadlocking, replication, log shipping, connectivity, and security issues.
The position may require participating in an on-call rotation. The Database Administrator will provide support of production systems; administer databases, maintenance plan, system monitoring, performance monitoring, debug, and security in accordance to industry standards. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining documentation for various administrative processes including: logical processes, hardware and operating system environments, dependencies on other systems, internal and external checks and controls, high availability & disaster recovery, and security.
The following is a summary of the major functions of this position. Other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below as specific functions may change as needed.
- Oversee the database design and development to ensure it conforms with best practices and defined company standards.
- Work with Software Developer Group as well as other Stakeholders to fully vet requirements during the design phase.
- Establish database architectural design standards and ensure adherence to these standards by Internal Developers and Third-Party Vendors/Contractors.
- Research, review and recommend relevant technologies and Perform Proof of Concepts/Prototypes for application of such technologies to solve existing problems and future architectural enhancements.
- Defines database technical requirements and creates detailed database architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility and integration with SQL databases and servers.
- Ensure system availability, recovery
- Execute performance tuning, backup and restoration of databases
- Provide daily management of Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure and assure service availability
- Maintain all databases including Development, QA, Training, and Production environments
- Work with business users, developers, and infrastructure teams to ensure quality products
- Responsible for documenting all database maintenance procedures
- Maintain policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance
- Keep SQL servers up to date with necessary patches
- Perform release management activities
- Perform server migration/upgrade activities
- Research current technology for use in applications
- Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned
- Must be comfortable working in a project team environment
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong sense of urgency, and high level of energy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – must be comfortable talking with IT and business personnel
- May require a flexible work schedule that will include some evening and weekend work
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum 5 years of experience working in a Database Architect or DBA role and developing with MS SQL
Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and 2016
Experience in Microsoft SQL Clustering and Replication
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
MS SQL Server DBA certification
Experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
Experience with other HADR implementations
Proficiency in more than two technical deployment environments
Windows & Web Application Developer background with Windows Forms, WPF, WCF, C# and ASP.Net applications
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER II
The Software Developer II is responsible for designing and developing the applications for Creative Lodging Solutions’ products. The Software Developer partners with other developers, DBA and QA team members to understand the elicited software requirements to ensure that the operations of the application are created and maintained in a consistent, logical, error-free and optimal manner.
- Develop and maintain new and existing web-based and client/server applications by writing code.
- Write system test scripts and fix software defects when required.
- Work with database administrators to design relational databases.
- Following coding standards to ensure consistency across applications.
- Collaborate with other team members, including development and quality assurance.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to define requirements, process flow, and project scope.
- Develop technical workflows using different modeling techniques including UML.
- Code, test, and maintain all API integration to internal and external systems.
- Leverage software and database design, development, and testing skills to deliver technical and business solutions to meet future company needs.
- Deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring projects remain on target to meet deadlines and company goals.
- Deliver products using current and relevant technologies.
- Provide weekly status updates of development activity.
- Performs other duties as required.
- BA/BS in a related field required.
- Must have at least 4+ years of experience working with design, development and delivering of software products preferably using C#.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of the software development cycle.
- Strong problem solving skills and software development in C#
- Experience in Microsoft .NET, IIS and SQL Server software development.
- Relevant experience with web services and REST.
- Experience with code repositories such as TFVC, GIT, or SVN.
- Knowledge of MVC 4/5, WEB API, Angular JS 1.5, UI, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap 3, VS2015,.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Preferred but not required:
- Redgate, Jetbrains – ReSharper
- Unit Testing
- Meet goals and deadlines of assigned projects.
- Updated documentation on process and development lifecycle.
- Releasing product updates that meet security and quality standards.