24 Feb The Most Requested (and Unusual!) Hotel Amenities
What are you looking for in a hotel? From some of the most common (like a clean bed or free WiFi), to the craziest (pet psychics and tattoo artists), we’ll examine what makes hotel goers tick when it comes to their amenities.
We’ll start on a more practical note: the top 5 most-requested amenities for business travelers. According to CNN, this is a top-down list of what business travelers find most important in a hotel property.
1. Complimentary Breakfast–Looks as though food topped the list for most wanted hotel amenity. (Note: This stat applies only to general hotel features. However, the in-room hotel amenity of choice was definitely free WiFi.)
2. Restaurant–Again, it looks as though food reigns supreme in travelers’ minds, as an internal restaurant feature takes the #2 priority spot.
3. Free WiFi in rooms–This scored high in desirability for both in-room and general hotel amenities. Today’s travelers want to stay connected, and the WiFi ensures that we stay closer to loved ones and friends during business travel.
4. Parking–Most travelers would prefer a hotel with on-property parking instead of street parking. Who likes to dig out quarters and walk several blocks for a good night’s sleep? Not us!
5. 24-hour front desk service–You never know when you’ll need your friendly front desk people.
None of these surprised us too much. Just when we thought we’d heard it all, though, we read about these shocking requests.
–Painful Perks–On Venice Beach in California, a very quirky hotel called Hotel Erwin offers an in-house tattoo artist and ‘Ink and Stay’ package, complete with lotion, ice packs, and tequila. Would you sign up?
–Take me away!–If you’re staying at Namale Resort and Spa in Fiji, you can specifically request to get kidnapped. Yeah, you heard that right. Every couple that checks in gets swept away to a private picnic. Romantic or scary?
–Unflustered fish–Did your beloved pets stay home when you were traveling for business? A goldfish might not fill the space in your heart that your cat or dog does, but studies have proven that being around pet fish lowers blood pressure and curbs anxiety.
–Karmic canines–At the Hotel deLuxe in Portland, OR, Fido can get acupuncture and even a psychic reading. Practitioners believe these exercises help bond animals with their owners.
—Rocking reservations–At Chicago’s Hard Rock Hotel, you can rent one of their 20 Fender guitars for your whole stay, and they’ll bring it to you with headphones and an amp. Jimi Hendrix would be proud.
—Wake up drawl–In Nashville’s Gaylord Opryland Resort, you can choose to get a special wake up call from one of country music’s biggest names, like Wynonna Judd or Trace Adkins. Who would you pick?
Which of these amenities would you enjoy the most? Let us know in the comments below!Learn More